Acidified Foods Manufacturing School – 100% Online
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Register here: Acidified Foods Manufacturing School
The Acidified Foods Manufacturing School, sometimes called the Better Process Control School, is an FDA-recognized course providing instruction primarily for operating supervisors, meeting the requirements stated in 21 CFR 114.10 and 21 CFR 108.25. The school is intended for operators or operating supervisors producing thermally processed acidified foods. Those who complete the 100% Online and On-Demand Course will receive a Certificate of Course Completion to demonstrate they meet the training requirement of the FDA Acidified regulation (21 CFR 114.10 and 21 CFR 108.25). This training sequence is equivalent to the training received by attending a standard in-person Acidified Foods portion of the Better Process Control School.
Acidified Foods Manufacturing School is a 100% ONLINE/On-Demand program.
Those who complete the 100% Online Course will receive a Certificate of Course Completion to demonstrate they meet the training requirement of the FDA Acidified regulation (21 Code of Federal Regulations Part 114.10). This training sequence is equivalent to the training received by attending a standard in-person Acidified Foods portion of the Better Process Control School (BPCS) course.
Randomized 10-question multiple-choice examinations will be given after each of the nine online modules. Students must pass each module quiz with 70% correct and will only be allowed two attempts. Any student who has failed any module may not receive the Certificate of Course Completion—completing ALL modules and passing ALL examinations after that module is mandatory to be certified. Those passing the tests given during the online curriculum will be certified as supervisors under 21 CFR, Sections 108.25 (f) (Acidified Foods) and 114.10 (Acidified Foods). Once registered, you will have 365 days to complete the course material, which should take approximately 20 hours. Once you complete the online course, you will receive a Certificate and no longer have access to the online content.
For more information and course registration, visit the Acidified Foods Manufacturing School website.
Although this course is 100% online and taken at your own pace, you will have support from the NC State Process Authority. If you need help understanding course materials or need help with passing the required quizzes, an e-mail or phone call can be scheduled.
Topics covered in this course include:
- History of Acidified Foods Regulations
- Why pH and acid are essential to understand
- How bacteria and other microorganisms grow and multiply in foods
- Good Manufacturing Practices and Sanitation
- Thermal processing
- Containers and Closures
- Required records and recordkeeping
- Recall strategies
- FDA registration and scheduled process filing requirements
Please note there is an additional shipping fee to cover International shipping charges. After registering for the course, please follow the instructions below to pay the shipping fee.
- Visit our website
- In the menu on the left side of the screen, click where it says Entrepreneurial Program, and then click on the Online Request Form.
- Close to the top of the page where it says, ” HOME >>REQUEST FORM AND PAYMENT.“
Click on “Request form and payment.”
- This will take you to the page where you can pay for International Shipping.
- Once you access the course and a manual has been sent to you, we cannot cancel or provide a refund.
- Registrants cannot switch participants once the online materials have been accessed.
- If a refund is requested before shipping a manual, a $10 cancellation fee will be applied.
- We need a valid mailing address for sending a course manual. The cost of the manual and shipping (domestic) is included with the registration. However, if a valid address is not provided and the manual is returned, we will require payment for resending the manual.
- If a quiz is not passed (2 attempts are allowed), you must contact us for another attempt. If an examination is not passed after the third attempt, a phone call is required to discuss understanding the topic/materials.
AFMS Course Policies are subject to be updated at any time.